Delegating effectively is a core skill for self and people leadership. The benefits of effective delegation become evident in improved organisational effectiveness, developing the skills of your team, reducing stress and ensuring that as a leader you are able to continue to add value to your work environment.
- Understand the difference between assigning routine work and delegating tasks
- Explore the benefits of delegation including overall increased productivity and supporting others to grow their capability
- Develop the ability to give clear and concise instructions to support overall team effectiveness
- Learn the key steps to effective delegation and how to apply them using working examples
- Understand when it is appropriate to delegate tasks, the level of supervision required, and measure success.
Benefits to your organisation
Delegation is an essential skill for leaders, worked effectively and consistently it enhances organisational effectiveness; it develops the talent and skills of your people; ensures cross-functional understanding of the demands of your workplace and improves the capacity of individuals to take on more complex tasks.
Benefits for your people
Effective delegation reduces stress, enables others to add value to the workplace and builds and improves the leadership skills of those who are doing the delegation. Ineffective delegation puts people in a cycle of repeating work, mistakes and over burdens the leader with tasks that could be done by others. This course will support you to delegate effectively first time and build trust and ownership of tasks with the people in your team.