Team Leader Series
Available as an individual course or the third course of three in the Team Leader Series, Leading Lean focuses on Learning techniques to improve productivity. This practical workshop introduces Lean philosophy, processes and practices and can be applied to continuous improvement in any work environment.
What to expect during the course
Techniques to improve productivity are never a 'once and done' activity, continuous improvement is an ongoing activity. However retaining energy, ideas and a fresh perspective on our work and productivity is sometimes a challenge.
- Explore Lean philosophy and core principles
- Understanding the 5's
- Apply Lean tools and techniques for enhanced productivity and continuous improvement
- Lean approaches to empower people for change
- So what if I don't do it? Calculate the Cost of Poor Quality
- Lean applications in a variety of workplace environments, manufacturing, service industry, NGO's not for profit
- Pitfalls and problems when implementing Lean and how to avoid them
- Explore progressive levels of implementing Lean, from the individual, to team and organisational processes
- Develop your next steps to implement this framework
Discovering if the course is right for you
As a leader you understand and value improving productivity, and seek flexible and agile ways of making the changes you need. You are looking for a process and practices that will open your eyes to new ways of looking at old routines in your business; to refresh and energise productive work and support the creativity and input of others in your work team. Attend this course as a separate one day injection of activities and ideas focussed on improving productivity or add this to your Team Leader qualification.
The three courses comprising the NZIM Team Leader Series build a robust foundation of fundamental leadership skills. Essential Skills is the first, followed by Building Effective Teams and Leading Lean. Complete all three courses to be presented your NZIM Team Leader Certification.
NZIM courses are led by facilitators who bring a wealth of practical expertise in the field and a deep understanding of how adults learn in the training room and in the workplace.
The programme was a real eye-opener for me and made me challenge so much about how I approach my work. - December 2019
This was an excellent course/workshop, the small group made it very easy to engage and have a Q&A style course that canvassed the issues and challenges in some depth - September 2020
This programme is registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund.
Find out more by visiting www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz (http://www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz/)